Thursday, February 15, 2007

Please Welcome Bill Gage

Bill Gage - joined on Feb 11. Have been contemplating learning soaring for some time. First logged flight was 25 years ago. Next flight was 4 years ago. Now I have had 3 more. Progress!

I am a power pilot. Learned in college through ROTC, then went on to fly helicopters in the Army. Have also done a fair amount of fixed wing flying. Had half a Citabria for a few years. More recently was in a flying club, where we had a C-172, C-182, a Bonanza and a Citabria. (Loved the Bonanza) But the club imploded after an accident. I am excited to be flying again and developing a new skill.

I am married to Jackie - we live in Point Richmond. We are pretty active in sailing; we have a boat and I have been quite active in running sailboat races on the Bay. I am now the regional race officer for US Sailing, the national organization.

We have two kids. Colin recently graduated as an electrical engineer from UC San Diego. Michele is a junior at Columbia in New York, where she is also on the basketball team.


--Bill Gage

No comments: