Monday, April 8, 2013

Dan Colton one of newest members introduces himself




Hi to NCSA from your newest member.
 
In way of an introduction let me first say that my flying interest go way back.  I was introduced to flying back in High School, taking hang gliding lessons in Monterey on the sand dunes above the beach and taking rides from a friend in a Cessna 152 out of Watsonville.  A few years later I got my glider license at Sky Sailing in Fremont back in 1980 and a few years later I got my airplane license.  Needless to say I much prefer gliders to airplanes which is what brought me to your club.  My other interests include riding my bike, sailing and or course, watching my 14 year old daughter play soccer.
 
This past weekend at Work Day was fun and I enjoyed meeting so many of the club members and learned a lot about glider maintenance and assembly.  I am very excited to be joining NCSA and look forward to spending time with all of you both on the ground and in the air.  Amongst my flying goals are thermal camp and wave camp in the Sierras, dual cross country instruction, and flying with my new friends in NCSA at Truckee.  I hope to see you at the field and in the air.
 
Dan Colton






--
Monique

No comments: