Friday, February 16, 2007

Please Welcome Tony Derrer

I joined the NCSA on 1/25/07.


My work background has
been in Aviation Maintenance for the past 22 years. I've enjoyed many
aspects of the job from working on Ag Helicopters to restoring P-51
Mustang wings that went on to race around the pylons of Reno. This
month marks my 18th year at United Airlines, helping maintain their fleet of passenger aircraft.




Finishing
up my power rating in '87 I'd always felt that there was something
missing in my flying. Pulling the rope release on that ASK-21 in '94, I
had no idea I'd just changed my life forever. The freedom of soaring
captured my heart and soul, filling the void that was missing in my
power flying. Receiving my commercial glider rating allowed me to share
the sport of soaring with a variety of interesting people over the past
decade.


I look forward to flying my own ship and working with the members here at the NCSA.


--Tony Derrer

No comments: